Friday, August 2, 2013

Thank You

I must admit to having to ride my kid(s) a little bit for writing 'thank you' cards in a timely manner.  Personally, I think it's a basic show of manners and respect.  I think that if somebody took the time to send you something out of the sheer kindness of their heart a 'thank you' is in order.  No, it does not have to be on engraved stationary with impeccable grammar.  That's not the point.  It does not have to contain several paragraphs gushing thanks and accolades for my gift to satisfy my ego.  That's not the point, either.  Mostly, we just want to know the gift was received.  Was it lost in the mail?  Did the dog eat it?  Was it broken? 

I'm just not going to send out gifts/money anymore.  If the recipient can't take 10 seconds to call/mail/email to let me know it was received, I guess it's not worth my bother of sending it in the first place. 

Thank you.

No comments: