Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Project Cluster Fuck: Part XXXIV

I think I've been at my job too long.  I've been working in the same industry for the same employer for 25+ years.  Why do I stay?  I stay because it pays well and I hate to think of going out there pounding the pavement at my age.  I've got a good retirement plan in the works.  Plus, I can be in a comatose state and still perform my daily functions, which leaves me time to post to this useless blog. 

Today I was up at the crack of dawn to attend a meeting in Sacramento.  The meeting attendees were on the polar opposite of political beliefs.  My job is to try to bridge the two mind sets and implement a plan to 'work together' for the 'betterment of the industry and society'.

Yeah.... like anybody since the dawn of civilization has been able to accomplish that.  Even Jesus Christ Himself failed.  He was even nailed to the cross for trying.  Makes me wonder why I am even wasting my energy attempting industry-wide peace for my little segment of the world.  Nobody has yet to figure out and implement the formula for world peace.  This political and religious dance has been going on since day one. 

We are kidding ourselves.  First, I've been playing this game a long, LONG time.   Everybody wants change, but nobody wants to give anything up.  Everybody wants resources and energy for THEIR issues, but not to address the issues of others.  Everybody believes their way of thinking is correct.  All politics and related policies hinge upon the pendulum.  It sways back and forth between conservative and liberal.  It's all history just repeating itself in new packaging.  However, the bottom line is that money has the last say.

Always. 






No comments: