Saturday, August 24, 2013

Old Boyfriends on Facebook

I'm friends on Facebook with the very first boy I thought I loved.  Why?  Because one of my cousins married into his family and there is a community circle of mutual friends and relatives.  Fast forward a few decades.  Just for grins I went back to my diary at the time of my undying love for him (I was 14-15 years old) and reread the passages and read the letters he sent me. 

I did not see it at the time but he was an arrogant prick, narcissist and a womanizer.  His true love was only for himself.  Things have not changed as he loves posting pictures of himself donning a red thong, fake bake tan, and a greased up body holding a body building award.  The expression on his face clearly indicates pain at sucking it in and making each muscle visible in his 6 pack abs. 

Gawd....  he looks ridiculous.  If he only knew how pathetic he looks.  So glad the universe did me a favor and the relationship ended.  A life with somebody that self-absorbed would have been miserable.  


No comments: