Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pasta Pomodoro: Kill the Customers

My dentist is in Marin County.  Please don't ask me why.  I've been going to him for years.  Whatever.  Anyway, while I was down in Marin I thought I would stop by Pasta Pomodoro in the Vintage Oaks shopping centre and pick up a gift certificate on my way back to Sonoma County being it was on the way.  I know of somebody who brings their family there each Tuesday and a gift certificate would be useful and appreciated. 

Background:  Vintage Oaks is a strip mall built upon a toxic dump.  Pasta Pomodoro is the Italian version of McDonalds located within Vintage Oaks. 

As I approached the entrance of Pasta Pomodoro I noticed people eating outside on the patio.  Nice.  It was a Thursday at lunch time.  I also noticed a table on the patio with two women and about four small children.  My immediate thought was that I had been-there-done-that trying to enjoy any kind of meal out with small kids.  It appeared it was a couple of moms trying to have a nice lunch.

I just needed a gift certificate and wanted to get out of there. 

I made my way to the hostess/cashier area near the bar to complete my transaction.  Once there, I was subject to a woman customer sitting at the bar complaining loudly to the staff that she was "forced" inside because of the screaming children outside.  She went on and on about how irritated she was and how the kids ruined her dining experience. 

Give me a break.

First off, I wanted to tell her that the only 'crying' I was hearing was from coming from the bar.   Second, it's a f**** chain restaurant in a strip mall on a Thursday at noon.  Pasta Pomodoro is nothing more than a dressed up McDonalds serving noodles. 

That is exactly why I hate Marin County.  They are moving north.....  We need border protection.  Crap comes from the south. 




No comments: