Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Event Planner

About a year ago I was invited to lavish party at a lavish home.  The home was impressive.  Being the practical bitch I am, I started adding up in my head the estimated property taxes, utilities, maintenance, mortgage, etc., and my remaining three brain cells exploded.  It's a beautiful home on beautiful property.  One could host a wedding there easily.  Ding!  Idea light bulb. 

I thought to myself how nice the home was and how nice it must be to have a pile of money to pay for it all being the wife does not work and they have kids.  It's none of my business, so I don't ask questions.  Perhaps they silently won the lottery or inherited something.  Who really knows. 

Well, I guess the charade is over.  The Gotbux Family suddenly up and moved across the country without notice abandoning the home.  For an instant I thought of buying the property for myself and using it to host events as I love to cook for groups.  It would be the PERFECT spot for small, intimate weddings, retreats, and other limited groups like that. 

Then I thought about the insurance, permits, licenses, and all the other bullshit necessary to operate something like that and the fact I would probably need to sacrifice every weekend for the rest of my life.  Plus, there is always the whiny, complaining client who is always trying to get something for nothing (or at least a reduced rate). 

I just don't have the patience......

No comments: