Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Please Don't Litter

Do the world a favor, STOP LITTERING! I bet you think I mean stop throwing trash along the roadsides. I kind of mean that. This has a two-fold meaning in my world. Of course, don't be a pig and leave your trash all over the place. What I really mean is STOP REPRODUCING like flipping rabbits!

Sure, have a couple of kids. Kids are great. I have a couple of my own. However, I can't figure out why on earth people have litters of kids. Trust me, there is nothing special about your gene pool that needs to be continued en masse. Plus, the direct correlation between overpopulation and the drastic effects on the environment are enough to make any thinking person sterilize themselves to the point of at least not contributing to uncontrolled population growth. Those who litter not only wreck the environment for the rest of the world, but they also must not think too highly of their offspring to bring them into a world full of pollutants, chemicals, diminishing resources, and diminishing life sustainability. Thanks a lot for your selfish short-sightedness, butt-head.

And don't get on your high horse and tell me that unchecked reproduction is "God's Way." If God's Way was not interfered by man-made, modern medicine, most of your kids would die in childhood leaving the natural balance of population in order. Not that I wish that kids die, I most certainly don't, but look at everything as a whole.

There's an environmental impact study every time somebody wants to build a garage, for crying out loud, what about for those who thoughtlessly pop out yet more and more kids? Where's the environmental impact requirements on that? Overpopulation certainly effects us more than some guy's garage addition, and city hall has an assigned army to enforce building codes if your concrete seeps 1/100 of an inch over a certain boundary compromising the overall "environmental impact" of the project! Hellllooooooooo.... Where's the busy-body-overly-controlling-government beauracracies on issues that are truly of importance and have real impact on the world? If people *thought* before they *popped* the entire world would be better off.

If you want everything here to reflect a crowded, dismal, poverty-stricken, third-world country, and believe me, we're well on our way, just keep on mindlessly reproducing. AND... for those of you who have over-reproduced the shit hole place you came from, don't think you're welcome over here. Use a rubber, take the pill, and stay away.

1 comment:

CG said...

I was listening to a woman being interviewed on the radio. She was 36,had never worked, had seven kids to various fathers, none of which were currently living with her. She lived entirely on state benefits and was furious at any suggestion she should go out to work as she could not afford childcare. She felt that she was entitled to stay home with her children as a fulltime mum although relying on a benefit system she had never contributed to (nor ever will, I bet, because as soon as her childbearing years are past she'll be busy looking after her grandchildren!) I don't mind large families per se but I do mind my taxes supporting people with no intention of working living as career parents for their entire lives.