Saturday, March 15, 2008

Completely Out of Touch with Reality

I was at an upper management meeting yesterday where participants had a direct say in deciding the wages and benefits for the employees. What completely shocked me was how a representative of the company kept on confidently stating how "cheap" goods are, and how inflation is not really happening.

See, out of touch dick-heads of a certain political persuasion have their heads buried in the sand (or should I say buried up their ass) declaring over and over to themselves and to the public that our economy is ok, and that inflation is not really happening -- we just *think* it's happening. These same dick-heads also tell us, "We're really making some progress in the war with Iraq." Bullshit.

Does this asshole, or any of his anal-likeness friends, live in the real world? I think not.

My reply to him was that inflation is *very* real to the working people and gas and groceries alone are eating more and more out of the working guy's budget. He looked at me with eyes of, "Oh, you little pathetic female looser. You're obviously not as educated or monetarily successful as I, so your little opinion will be ignored. I have several educational credentials from prestigious schools, and the formulas they use to calculate inflation are validated, and their validated formulas indicate that inflation is not happening."

I caught myself in time before I blurted out, "Of course stuff is cheap if you're rich and born of privilege. The rest of us didn't have a wealthy daddy and/or connections to set us up in business."

One day I won't be able to hold back and I will open up my mouth, blurt out what I think, and get fired. It also makes me think of how corporate management (and also with politics) that scum always rises to the top. I'll save that thought for a separate rant.

1 comment:

CG said...

We are certainly feeling the bite of inflation over here..