Monday, March 10, 2008

Home Alone

When was the last time you were home alone? I wish I could remember actually being alone in my home. It's been years. I'm always up to my armpits in people. Granted, I do like having people in my home, but there are certain "regulars" who hang out here who never seem to go away. When it's Sunday evening and I'm getting ready for the week, I just want everybody to clear out of my way so I can actually get something *done* without tripping over 15 bodies in the process.

My fantasies are simple. Just give me a week of being alone in my home so I can clean out closets, throw stuff out, organize, etc. I've dropped not-so-subtle hints to everybody that all I really want is alone time in the house. They all just stare back at me with vacuumous eyes. It just does not register with them. They ask, "What do you want for your birthday/Christmas/Mothers' Day."

I ALWAYS say, "Just some time alone in the house so I can *really* get to some things without being interrupted."

Has it happened yet? Have I received alone time in the house? Hell no. I seems the more I plead for alone time, the more bodies I have in the house. And no, nothing gets done around here, either.

1 comment:

CG said...

LOL you will be really jealous...I'm home alone NOW!!