Saturday, March 29, 2008

Houston Layover Delay

(above photo of Bush statue at Houston Airport) Look, they do pile shit that high!
Bush's life story condensed version: Idiotic, spoiled child of Texas oil man; Bullied way into White House; if anybody stands in the way just shoot 'em up.
Media manipulation is the Bush's main talent.


My worst nightmare was lived. I was trapped in Texas. Worse yet, I was trapped at Houston "Bush" Airport. The flights for the trip thus far were too good to be true -- on time takeoffs, and adjacent passengers that were neither sick nor obnoxious.

My luck ran out in Houston. The flight arrived from New Orleans on time. The connecting flight gate was 1/2 hour walk. Perfect, or so I thought. I could de-board the plane and walk to the gate and be there just about in time to board the flight from Houston to San Francisco. Visions of home were dancing in my head like sugar plum fairies.

Then, like somebody tossing a bucket of starkly cold ice water on my dreamy visions of home, I was cruelly awakened by an obviously long-time airline employee who coldly and briskly stated over the public address system in that-they-talk-so-fast-in that muffled-allwordsarestrungtogether-can'tyouunderstand-andcatchwhati'msaying-thefirsttimeaound
youstupidclusterfuck?

Huh? What? We're going to be delayed indefinately? What did she say again? It could be 15 minutes or overnight. The airline just didn't know for sure. So, don't wander off to the bar and drink yourself silly, just stay right here at this outpost in hell with no food or water in sight and wait.

So, in wandering around the airport refusing to be tethered of promises of a short delay (I know better) I captured more of Houston's finest.

The statue of Bush reminds of that teenage taunt used when somebody bragged about something. The taunt went something like this:

Braggart: Look at what I did! Isn't it a great accomplishment?
Teen: What do you want, a statue or a medal?

Braggart: A medal.
Teen: They don't pack shit that hard.

Braggart: Well, then, I'll take a statue!
Teen: They don't pile shit that high.

Apparently, they do pile shit that high as the photo shows.

1 comment:

CG said...

You poor thing!!!