Sunday, January 31, 2016

The Fundraiser

I attend many fundraisers.  I used to separate them out for personal, social, and business; but, the goal of collecting money is ALWAYS business -- even if it's for personal use.  I just don't think some people know we are onto them.  Some are blatantly trying to empty out my pockets, charging tickets for admission and food and a listing on the 'go fund me' website, and some are more insidious about their agenda for profits like participating in gift registries and other tacky schemes instructing customers (oopsie, I meant guests) where to direct money. 

Not too long ago I attended one of those swanky fundraisers.  You know, where the uber rich pretend to care about helping underprivileged kids,  but it's really about showing off their wealth to each other.  The items being auctioned off were exotic and expensive and included one of those African safari adventures where guys with limp dicks attempt to reclaim their manhood by hunting down and shooting innocent animals.  The African hunting adventure was donated to the 'cause' by Mr. Gottbux to auction off.

I have to hand it to Mr. Gottbux.  He donated the hunting trip, and knowing the EXACT dollar value of the trip, ended up being the auction winner of his own donation.  Now he gets to enjoy his own 'donation' while claiming it as a charitable tax write off.  Money laundering at its best. 

I can't make this stuff up, people.

No comments: