Sunday, January 24, 2016

Dry Drunks

My career has involved dealing with 'dry drunks' for almost 30 years.  All of them have been male.  I don't know what karma I'm paying for in this lifetime, but sometimes guys are better to deal with AFTER they have had a few at the corner bar.  Sorry, AA, I know that's not your mission, but sometimes alcohol abstinence makes everybody's life a living hell.  

Right now I'm dealing with two dry drunks at work who are competing for the same position in their organization.  I think I'm going to go on an extended vacation until it has been settled.  I'm caught in the middle.  Why?  Because I handle the money.  They both are like hyper-active preschoolers thinking they can save the world and wanting me to buy into their latest scheme to show everybody how much they do for the organization; therefore,  worthy of the promotion. 


No comments: