Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tower of Power

My last entry title was about yoga, music, and dance.  I ended talking about work junk that had absolutely NOTHING to do with yoga, music, and dance. 

Well...here is how today went.  I was at work.  I knew the Sonoma-Marin Fair started tonight.  I flipped a text to my California BFF asking her what she was doing and wanted to know if she wanted to go to yoga class and then mosey on over to the Sonoma-Marin Faire to check out Tower of Power.

See.... my California BFF is a blonde, Jewish girl who spent her early informative years in a very black neighborhood in Oakland.  In her teens her family moved  from Oakland to a hippie commune somewhere in Marin in the 70's.  There's more, but I'll save it for another post.

Bottom line:  Tower of Power was a staple for my friend growing up.  We figured out they were playing tonight at the Sonoma-Marin Faire and we just HAD to go..... after yoga class, of course. 

Bottom BOTTOM line.... a phrase we hear a LOT..... "You move pretty good...for a couple a white girlz...." 

No comments: