Monday, June 29, 2015

6th Street Playhouse and Cinnabar Theatre

I am so sorry I abandoned music and drama in high school.  I used to be able to play the flute and piccolo really well and occupied first chair, but now I'm barely able to read music anymore and learning all over again.  I used to be in the school plays.  This was all back in junior high.  I can still hear my English teacher at the time telling my mother to keep me engaged in drama because I had a natural flair for it.  Drama.  Go Figure.  He wanted to see me continue on.  Same with music.  My music instructor had both my sister and I as students.  He LOVED my sister, so a few years later when I came up through the ranks I was automatically on his good side.  I tried really hard to never screw that up.

High school came around and I quit drama and music.  I did get dance out of high school, but it came at the price of abandoning the others.  I simply could not do all three AND keep on top of my studies..and.....of course, then there was the boy issue as well.... I was distracted. 

Life has thrown me a bone.  I've picked up dance again and now getting involved at the 6th Street Playhouse and Cinnabar Theatre.   My inner band geek and theatre geek are coming alive:)     I absolutely LOVE backstage buzz whether it's for dance or drama.  I love putting on make up and costumes.  I love warming up.  I love the hustle and bustle of it all.

I guess my point is that we are super lucky to have such quality community theatres in our back yard here in Sonoma County. 


No comments: