Sunday, February 16, 2014

New House

A neighborhood couple we have known forever sold their home near us and moved into a georgous 'house on the hill' complete with a fantastic view.  At one time my husband dated this neighbor lady back when they were teens and working at Wendy's.  Whatever.  She can have him back.  LOL  So inbred Sonoma County.

After I heard about the loan hoops they had to jump through to make moving into the 'house on the hill' happen the acid in my stomach was churning.  Sure, it really is a beautiful home but is it worth taking a loan against loan against loan against loan and suckering friends into lending you money?  One little mishap and the whole house of loan cards will collapse.

I guess this is where I differ from the high rollers.  I know my monthly payment.  I don't owe people all over town money.  I have one simple mortagage at 3% interest that will be paid off  within the next ten years.  I did not borrow againt the equity in the house.  I'm boring.

I'm very happy for my friends.  I guess I'm at a point in my life where I can truly appreciate their beautiful home but I just don't feel the need to put mine on the market and upgrade to 'keep up with the Jonses' I'm too lazy to maintain something so grandiose.

I'm lazy and I know it...  to thine self be true.

No comments: