Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Ahhhhhhhhh Spring

The days are getting longer, the sun's rays a little stronger, the sky a little bluer, and the grass a little greener.  Trees are pushing out flowers and buds.  It's so pretty....even if we get more rain.

As the birds chirp my attention is directed to.......(ominous pounding of timpani drums)......filing taxes.  Who thinks of this complicated CRAP that means nothing in the big scheme of things other than people wanting you to fork out more money you worked so hard to acquire?  It's amazing how you have to fight to keep your own money -- and I'm not a flashy, pretentious person. 

I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.  No matter what avenues I use the end result is always the same:  send in more money.  I don't know how others get away with buying what they do because all of my extra money is getting sucked into paying taxes. 

Anyway, I guess the point is that working on taxes is such a buzz kill this time of year when we should be focused on enjoying nature and the elements rather than pouring over faded, crumpled receipts.  



No comments: