Sunday, September 8, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty

I'm not a fan of war nor violence; however, the movie Zero Dark Thirty reaches me on levels that are  part of me. 

1.  Upon visiting Virginia Beach, VA a couple years ago I was warned by my active military duty son, who was stationed there at the time, to stay away from the wooded, sanctioned areas of the base as Seal Team 6 was training for something significant.  That's all the information I was given.

2.  The female main character, Maya, has all the attributes of myself working in a male dominated occupation.  She has to prove herself time and time again and stand up to the testosterone and ego laden know-it-alls and fight for what she feels is the truth.  She is underestimated, but eventually proves her hunches.  You Go Girl. 

3.  Analyzing satellite imagery and hacking into computers is a quasi-hobby of mine -- thanks to son who is active military duty.  Seeing the room filled with several screens ripe for analysis gives me a rush.  You think your phone calls, text messages, and emails are private?  Not.  Don't piss me off and don't lie to me.  I'll have you choking on your own words that have been strategically collected. 

4.  Don't leave a hard drive behind.  You have 4 mics to get out or we leave you. 

5.  When it's all said and done we cry......  all we want is LOVE. 

No comments: