Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Manicotti

I am low in the totem pole in the sibling pecking order.  I have an older sister and brother who were ruthless to me, and then I have a younger brother who is not quite two years younger than myself.  Four kids pretty much bam, bam, bam, bam.  Mom was a good Catholic.

Anyway, being #3 out of 4 and in between two brothers left me vulnerable to their sibling behavior like atomic wedgies, farting on me, etc.  Rarely an opportunity opened up so I could get even and give them a taste of their own medicine.

One night I got my chance with little brother.

My older sister had gone out to dinner at one of those ethnic places that served Italian food (I grew up in a sheltered northern European culinary world).  Anyway, she did not finish her dinner and brought it home in a box.  It was a sausage filled manicotti.  Curious to this new and strange food my sister brought home, I had to take a look at it and check it out.  I thought it looked just like a turd. 

Ding!!!!!!  Idea lightbulb.

My younger had pissed me off earlier in the day for reasons I can't remember anymore.  I was going to get even and put the shit-looking manicotti in his bed.  teeee heeeee teee heeee  I waited patiently for night time.  Placing the manicotti in his bed required stealth-like maneuvers on my part but I got the job done.  Now I sit back and wait.

I had gone to my bedroom waiting for a reaction.  I finally got it.  My younger brother yelled at the top of his lungs, "WHO IN THE HELL PUT A SHIT IN MY BED!" 

He was pissed.  I'll never forget the stomping of his feet coming from upstairs.  He flew down the stairs and pounded on my door with such force I thought he broke it down.  "VERY FUCKING FUNNY, YOU SICK FUCK," he screamed through my door.

I was laughing so hard I was crying, and this pissed him off even more.  How he figured out it was me so quickly was not really a mystery as we had an argument earlier in the day.

Many, many years have passed since the manicotti episode.  Still, NEVER mention it to my brother to this day.  He's still pissed about it.  I still giggle about it.  






No comments: