Sunday, September 1, 2013

Ghost Adventures

Flipping though the tv channels at night in bed I tend to pause on a show called Ghost Adventures.  I guess it's because I've had my own 'close encounters' with things that can't be explained by logic and I'm curious about the experiences of others.  While I don't claim to be an expert by any means, as my experiences are not broadcasted to the world for fear of being labeled a nut case, I am rendering an opinion on the show as being staged garbage.

The show pretty much always uses historical sites as a venue.  That's cool...  I love history and hearing the background stories of places around the world.   That part gets a pass.  From there to goes unauthentic Hollywood.

1.  They always have their ghost hunting crew visit at night.  Spirits don't care what time it is.  The only advantage of doing a night shoot is that there is usually less external noise and light and the living are more prone to seeing their presence without any visual electronic aids. 

2.  The ghost hunting crew barks out orders at the spirits to perform on command.  Spirits are not actors.  Spirits don't work for you, nor do they care about your show's ratings.  They don't need to prove their existence to anybody.  It's the other way around.  Spirits hanging around this plane of existence are stubborn and some of them don't even realize they've passed. 

3.  The ghost hunting crew has an arsenal of video cameras, recording gear, blah, blah, blah, blah...Funny, but every time their EVP captures a breathy ghost voice, it always speaks English.  I find that hard to believe when the site is in old Mexico.  My personal belief is that audible spirit communication does not adhere to any known language at all. 

I still watch the show because, ummmmmmm..... i dunno..... just because.  Take it all with a grain of salt.  In the meantime, if you really centre yourself and open up, you'll be able to experience for yourself first hand encounters with things that are unexplained.  Don't take my word for it.  




No comments: