Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bank of America SUCKS!!!!!

Like I don't have anything else to do this week.... end of the month, end of the quarter, insurance renewals, meetings and then more meetings....  I've been going non-stop.

Because I work such weird hours I often use the depositories located on the outside of the banks because it's often after-hours before I can get my bank runs in.  I use the depositories because it's for work and I never get cash back.  We don't deal in cash, just checks...  that makes tracking simple, or so I thought.

I use several banks for the different entities I manage and I've noticed that Bank of America is fucking up more than usual.  It's getting so bad that I'm going to close the accounts I have there despite that changing banks is a massive pain-in-the ass.  I think Bank of America is so huge and so massive that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. 

Here's my banking nightmare du jour....

When balancing the B of A checking account I noticed that a deposit I made about 6 weeks ago was not reflected on the statement.... hmmmmmmm...  I went online to see if it was reflected there.  It was not.   Hmmmmmmmm... Bank of America has no record of it whatsoever.  Thank goddesses I insist on having all checks and accompanying paperwork scanned.  I went back to the deposit I show in my computer system and sheepishly contacted all the companies I received checks from that made up that one deposit asking if it cleared on their end.  I thought for a moment prior to sending out the inquiry that perhaps I had done something stupid with the deposit like putting it in the US mail or having it slip under my car seat, or dropped somewhere en route.

Today I heard back from two of the companies stating that the checks in question had in fact cleared on their end...it was not a dumb move on my part.   Now.... just WHERE exactly did Bank of America deposit the money to? This is going to require energy and time on my part to get this bank error fixed.

Like I don't have anything else to do....  I don't want to babysit Bank of America.

No comments: