Friday, September 27, 2013

Toilet Paper

I think I have been at my job too long.  Just when I thought I had heard it all, this is an official complaint from a female employee on a construction job site in San Francisco.  Yes, I'm a woman in a historically man's occupation.  Yes, I understand the dynamics women face day-in-and-day-out just trying to get our jobs done and also to be taken seriously.  This ain't no day at the spa, sistah.  You have not earned it yet.   You chose this male-dominated career as did I.  Don't fuck it up for the rest of us, betch.  It's whiny bitches like you that put women back into the 1700's.  Here is your official complaint as I read it....

"I needed to take an extended bathroom break as the toilets provided at the job site did not have toilet paper that was comfortable to my delicate privates.  I needed to walk 4 blocks down to use the facilities at Union Bank as their toilets provide paper that is not irritating."

To which my immediate response was, "Why did not you just ask for the brand of toilet paper you prefer?"

At that point I instructed the employer to go to the nearest grocery store and purchase every brand of fluffier-than-thou toilet paper, including the Super Improved Angel Soft and personally hand it to Princess for her choosing. 

We all know that Princess wanted the extended break on company time and expense.  If she had terrible periods, fibroid tumors, endometriosis or other female issues that really deserved sympathy I would have taken a different stance.  It's women like her that keep the rest of us down. 

No comments: