Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Lotus

Summer is in the air.  I spent the last couple of days DEEP cleaning.  I emptied out a storage space and consolidated the left over stuff with my other storage space (getting rid of old junk and saving $$$ in the process).  I'm still in a cleaning groove but decided to take a break for a few minutes before I resume tossing out yet more stuff and organizing.  I find this type of cleaning very therapeutic.  I know I'm weird.

All of this lifting, moving, cleaning, leaves me pretty tired.  At the end of the day I'm pretty wiped out and ready for sleep.  Oh boy, me and sleep.  That means weird dreams.  Here goes.  I did dream that I was a lotus.  In the dream I wanted to know *why* I was a lotus.  It was because basically the lotus grows from a pile of yuck and s*** into a lovely flower.  The lotus overcomes an environment where others struggle and die.  Overcoming the yuck only makes the lotus stronger.  The resounding message that I was receiving was that I was so much stronger than what I give myself credit for and that no matter what crud gets tossed my way I will thrive and be a fighter and a survivor. 

I guess that's true.  Just ask anybody who has ever pissed me off.  I will serve you back your own shit.  Tastes good with ketchup, right? 

I was then sent to a beach where the sun was setting and the full moon rising simultaneously.  As the twilight approached people came out of nowhere to the beach to watch this show of nature.  The moon then turned beet red and I was supposed to tell everybody on the beach why.  I did not know why but everybody was looking to me for answers and I had none. 

No comments: