Saturday, May 7, 2016

Freak for Food or Food Freak

I have pretty much a garbage gut.  I will eat just about anything.  Quiet Rage has a healthy appetite, but despite that I do draw my limits on foods I will NOT eat.  Here goes:

1.  Cilantro:  I HATE cilantro.  Just about everything in California is covered in it from salsas, soups, dips, etc.  YUCK!!!!  It tastes like SOAP.  Cilantro is #1 on my dislike list.  People ask me why I don't like it and downplay my aversion to it because it's everywhere on everything.  Here's how I get even - I drizzle dish soap all over their food and then ask why they don't like it...everybody else thinks it's GREAT. 

2.  Soggy Croutons:   If they are not fresh and crisp forget it.  I don't care how much flavor you say they have absorbed, they are soggy, mushy croutons to me.

3.  Brussel Sprouts:  Taste like tonsils.  Don't ask me how I know that.

4.  Raw Celery:  You think all kids like ants on a log with celery, peanut butter, and raisins?  Think again.  Raw celery ranks right up there with cilantro on the gross-0-meter.

5.  Lamb: It's gamey tasting and smelly.

6.  Tapioca Pudding:  If I wanted to eat fish eggs encased in a sac of membranes I would suck fish bellies.

7.  Oysters:  Snot luegies.  They are sooooo not an aphrodisiac.

8.  Lemon Bars:  My paternal grandmother was an excellent cook and baker.  One day I ate so many of her lemon bars I barfed.  Ruined it.

9.  Asian Food (in general):  Before I even knew I was pregnant with my son, my sister and I went to a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco.  Just the smells sent me running to the ladies room.  I will eat Asian food now, but I'm super picky about it.

10.  Lutefisk:  Cod soaked in lye?  Really?  Let's see......  hmmmmm... consuming fish that has been soaked in POISON.  I know it goes against my Scandinavian upbringing, but I don't know how this is even legal.  

No comments: