Monday, May 2, 2016

Haplo Group V1A - Lapplander

Ok.. I had my mitochondrial DNA tested for giggles as I suspected something in the family genetics.  I was expecting a chunk of southern Europe and eastern Europe to appear, but I was wrong..... I came back 2/3 north western European and belonging to haplo group V1a.   They went into a report to sort out categories.  What came back, which I was not expecting AT ALL, was a sizable DNA chunk coming from France.  From that bit of info it was broken down to the region of Basque and a catch-all category they labeled German/French which really means the Germans and the French were screwing each other so frequently along the Rhine River (and all the other rivers that divide France, Germany, Belgium, and whatever) in all conceivable ways possible - and the conceiving happened.

Yup.  And I'm here to tell about it. 

Here's my maternal DNA haplo group V1a going back THOUSANDS of years:

Haplogroup V is believed to have originated around the Western Mediterranean region, approximately 13,600 years before present- possibly on Iberia. It derives from the Haplogroup HV0a.

It is found with particularly high concentrations in the Saami People of northern Scandinavia, as well as the Basque people and somewhat higher among the isolated Pasiegos in nearby Cantabria. It also is found in particularly high concentrations among the Berbers of Matmata, Tunisia.  The highest levels are in Scandinavian and Western and North African populations. It is spread at varying low levels across Europe and smaller portions of West and Central Asia.


...anyway.... I was right about joking thinking being park Eskimo - kind of.. LOL... Laplander, Lapp, whatever.  Being genetically associated with the Lapps was a surprise.  No wonder they eventually migrated to Minnesota - they all were genetically built over the centuries to withstand the cold and the elements. 







 





No comments: