Sunday, May 1, 2016

Perspective and Slime

Let's put this all in perspective.  Yes, I was in a car accident on Friday.  Yes, my car needs a serious nose job.  Yes, it ruined my day.  Yes, my insurance rates will now probably get jacked up.

Look at my sister.  One accident ruined her day, too.  She was instantly widowed at an intersection at the end of her drive that lead out to the main highway.  She passes the scene each and every time she leaves or comes home.  She ends every text message conversation with me with how much she misses her deceased husband.

Exactly what am I complaining about again????

Uhhhhhhhh nothing.

Which brings me to the remainder of my weekend.  I had my 'granddaughter' again this weekend.  She is so much fun because she is sooooooo trying to make sense of this crazy world she was brought into and some of the things she says just cracks me up to the core.  I don't have the heart to tell to to stop trying to make sense of this crazy world because efforts will prove futile.

Anyway, days are getting longer and she found a snail in the backyard she named Slime.  She painted its shell and built it a luxury condo out of shoeboxes complete with a slide and swimming pool.  Her imagination is amazing.  She even fed Slime watermelon - and the snail ATE it!  What?  A watermelon-eating snail?  She then decided that Slime needed a friend, went outside with a flashlight, and not long after came back in with another.  Pretty soon the kitchen floor was set up for conducting snail races.  Slime won... He's pretty fast...for a snail.

About this time my 20 year-old daughter comes home.  She's as impressed with the snail race track and luxury condo as I am.

Bottom line:  You can buy kids all the electronic gadgets and gizmo in the world.  What do they play with?  Shoeboxes and garden snails.


No comments: