Tuesday, May 3, 2016

DNA - The Proverbial Black Hole

Looking at my DNA report is like going down the proverbial black hole.  I so wish I had a time machine to see how it all happened from the very beginning to present day.  It's sucks you in and before you know it, you've spent several hours on it. 

I thought for certain there would be some sub-Saharan African buried in my DNA somewhere.  Not even the teensiest percentage.  Absolutely none.  Zero percent.  Why?  Because there's a Confederate soldier from Georgia who ended up in Minnesota with horses during the Civil War.  We all know the Confederate States of America had slaves from western Africa back then.  I thought there would be one in the 'woodpile' somewhere (pardon the expression).

I also expected eastern Mediterranean and western Asia, maybe not in the immediate generations going back, but going back eons ago.  Nope.  My caveman homies were genetically based on the Iberian Peninsula. 

Bottom line?  My love for African music and my ability to dance like a black chick still remain a mystery;)

No comments: