Saturday, June 4, 2016

Office Ghost Part II

I work in a building that is over 135 years old.  The telephone wiring and electrical wiring in the building is all hodge-podge and hamajang.  In fairness, the building was built before electricity and  god only knows how many guys over the last 135 years have tried to make sense of the wiring each adding their own form of logic (not). 

Yesterday my old office needed new wiring and connections.  The service technician was weirded out by my office saying he was sensing something.  He was nervous the entire time and asked a lot of questions about the history of my building.  I thought he was going to ask permission to conduct a seance.  His comments were unusual coming from a big, burly construction-type of guy. 

There's a lot I know about the history and haunting of the building.  One of the ghosts is Mortimer the dead judge.  His chambers are now my office.  He still hangs around and wanders the hallway outside my door.  I guess I've grown accustomed to Mortimer and his presence does not freak me out. 

Nonetheless, I don't let on I know what I know.  I have to be careful what I say to whom.  People should figure it out for themselves if/when they are ready to open their senses beyond the purely physical.  Besides, it was Friday afternoon and this appointment was the only thing between me and my weekend.  Another thing, I don't want curious strangers hanging about wanting to use the space for an episode of ghost hunters or something like that or have it listed somewhere on some website as "cool Sonoma County haunts."  I already have enough trouble parking my car in my own space with the popularity of our area with tourists as of late. 


No comments: