Thursday, June 23, 2016

Tower of Power and Cats on Diets

What on earth could Tower of Power have anything to do with a fat cat on a diet?  Lemme s'plain y'all.

Last night was the opening night for the SonoMarin Fair.  Tower of Power has been a band staple for a long, long time and going to see them play is groovy fun.  Gee, me drawn so a funk soul band out of Oakland?  Go figure;)  There is a tradition with some of my friends to meet up at the fair to eat, drink, and get down with Tower of Power.  Last night was no exception.  Yes, there were lots of white people dancing so I did not feel out of place.

Corn dogs, beer, and bad wine are another staple at the fair.  I imbibed, and it was a bad decision on soooooo many levels as I don't eat corn dogs and drink bad wine but once a year (good wine, however, is another story).  

This is where the part about cats on diets come in.  My cat is quite the big boy and has an appetite.  He's starting to get up there in age and he can't run and jump like he used to.  Part of the problem is his age and the other part is that, well, he's just plain FAT.  His weight gain was starting to concern me as he no longer jumps into my lap but has to exert a struggling clawing, crawling motion to get to my lap.  We can only blame age for just so much.  With that I studied my cat's food intake, activity, and age and figured that he needed his food modified or he will get kitty diabetes and urinary tract issues.  Long story short, I put my cat on a diet.

My cat is PISSED and is not shy about expressing his unhappiness with me.

Last night was Tower of Power with bad wine and junk food overload coupled with staying out much later than normal.  This morning at crack of dawn I had a pissed off cat storming my bed, crawling on me, meowing, pawing my face as if to say, GET OUT OF BED, BETCH, and FEED ME!!!

I really could of used extra sleep this morning. 






No comments: