Saturday, June 11, 2016

Dance Class Saturday Part III

Dance class Saturday.  Fun.  Today it was even more funner (ha ha ha) than usual.  I've been going for a while and it's pretty much the usuals who show up.  Humans are territorial animals, and we all even have our own spots on the floor and a silent pecking order.

Start the music.  Do the warm up.  Get the blood moving....and then the blood REALLY got moving.  For Reals.

Much to our surprise and delight in walked a very handsome black man to participate in class.  WTF???  If my class isn't white bread central located in the middle of Honkey Estrogen Suburbia, than I don't know what is.  Just WHERE did HE come from?????

This poor guy had no clue he walked into a shark tank and he was the bleeding seal.   First of all, having a man in class is unusual.  Second of all, having a good looking black man with rhythm was enough to send every woman in class into a frenzy.

It's times like these where I *really* miss my African dance partner.  She died back in February.  We would have had a field day tag teaming and playing off each other when this man walked in.  We never even needed to rehearse our joking and humor.  It just came naturally.

I behaved myself and did not do or say anything inappropriate.  It's just not the same as when my African dance partner was around and we could do our little flirty jokes.

The ultimate compliment came after class when I was leaving.  Mr. Mystery yelled across the room, "Hey, you move pretty good....for a white girl."   and flashed a huge smile.  Seems to be a theme;)


Anyway, here's to my late dance partner - she was the pepper in our own little version of Salt -n- Peppa.  I know in spirit she was there today when Mr. Mystery appeared out of nowhere into our dance class.  Knowing her, she would have stormed the music source, put on this song, gave me her mischievous glance across her right shoulder with a wink, and said, "Let's show him a thing or two."



No comments: