Thursday, September 24, 2015

Match Maker

I work in a male dominated industry.  I have known the guys I work with for 25 years or more.  My relationship with these guys is very sister-like.  I get constantly hit up from these guys asking if I have any 'friends' I can set them up with. 

(big sigh)

I'm hesitant to play match maker for these guys for a multitude of reasons I can't go into.  However, I did acquiesce to one request because I was getting vibes from both my female friend and the guy I work with, who have met each other at social outings over the years, that there was a mutual-interest-attraction-vibe going on.  

I took the initiative and was the 'broker' for both parties.  I set up a mutually agreeable place, date, and time in a non-threatening environment.  Keep it light and fluffy at first, right?  Perfect.  It's all set up. 

Now....this why i DO NOT play match maker and went against my better judgement with this one instance.  

I got a call from the guy yesterday evening saying he may be late because he has a doctor appointment down in Marin because he's going out on "stress" disability at work. 

I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle him.  Great.  I go out of my way to set something up taking a risk in the process.  HE agreed to the time, date, and place.  My friend is all excited.  Now he calls saying he will be late and/or miss the event all together. 

....and this guy wonders why he can't keep a woman.... DUH. 

No comments: