Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dating Websites: Beware

I can't make this stuff up, people.

There is a website that pretty much blacklists guys and warns other women about them.  Most of the information is provided by ex-wives and girlfriends.  Some of the comments made are quite funny going so far to describe what lines he will use when.  Every once in a while you will get a sister out there who can't bear to see an innocent woman taken for a ride by her obnoxious brother.

Which leads me to dating in the North Bay.  This is a small community. Really.  If a guy wrongs a woman you can bet it's out there.  Granted, some women are just horrible and the guy deserves to callously dump her, but it's pretty easy to vet that out.

Which leads me to a guy trying to pass himself off as Mr. Wonderful on a dating website.  See, he's really been divorced three times and has four children.  His dating profile says he's never been married.  How do I know this?  I was in his first wedding and present at the birth of his first child.  A mutual friend was looking for a date and I happened to be scrolling profiles with her when he popped up.  Great.  Start a relationship with a pack of lies.  PASS.

The other website had another guy I know trying to pass himself off as tender loving.  I just about spewed my drink on the keyboard.  This guy has no interest in settling down and has openly admitted that he will be a lonely old man the way he goes through women.  It's all about sex and fun for him.  An acquaintance of mine came across his profile and started asking me questions about him.  I did not want to lie, but I did not want to squash a potential relationship either (you never know when it could be "the one.")  All I could muster was that he's held a job for a long time and he's a great dad.  I left out everything else.

Moral of the story:  Guys, if you're an ass your reputation will catch up with you faster than you think.  Gals: dating websites only host predators and losers. 


No comments: