Thursday, September 24, 2015

Beezer: Lost

I got an eerie text message from my cousin today.  He texted me that Beezer had a stroke and that he was in surgery and things did not look good.  Beezer died today. 

Who was Beezer?

Beezer was my intended farm boy from Dakota.  He was there for me when my cousin died and if things had turned a different corner I would have been his fat and happy farm wife.  As life turned, events and things turned a different corner and I ended up in Sonoma County.  Beezer did call for me after I left the midwest for California.  But by then life had set its course. 

Beezer was half Norwegian and half French.   Just that in itself was a combo that only alcohol can explain.  I remember kissing him in the cornfield near the Fort Ambercrombie ruins along the Red River that divided Minnesota and North Dakota.  I also remember spending time with him just prior to taking off to California and his concern. 

Yes, Beezer, you were my Superman.  I know it was a stupid joke when we were teens but I did remember after all these years.  I will support your widow and your kids as best as I know how.  They lost a great husband and father today. 




No comments: