Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Quake

Yes.  We live in earthquake country.  I was starkly reminded of that at 3:20 AM on Sunday morning.  In retrospect, I should have sensed something.  That night my cat was acting stangely.  He jumped up onto my bed, but did NOT want "love-enz" and jumped down.  About five minutes later, he jumped up onto the bed again, gave me a pathetic "meeeeee-ow" and jumped down.  That pattern continued until I fell asleep.

About 2:00 in the morning I was awakened by critters scurrying across the deck outside my bedroom.   It was like a party of rats and raccoons were line dancing.  I was on the border of getting out of bed and turning on the back light to see what was going on, but I was too lazy.  I listened to the ruckus and fell back to sleep.

Just as I was falling asleep things began to rock and shake.

Initial radio reports moments after totally dismissed the man who called in from lowly Sonoma to report real damage.  The radio station was more interested in reports from San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland.  Little did the station know at the time was that the epicenter really was in the North Bay and they blew off reports from rural wine hicks.

Message to the  KCBS radio host:  My apologies if the epicenter of the earthquake was not more centrally located in the larger metropolitan areas to draw a larger listening audience for your pre-dawn radio show.  Somehow, I don't think Mother Nature gives a you-know-what.  The only plus side is that the skittish tourists who invade Sonoma/Napa will leave!  THANK YOU EARTHQUAKE GODS.

Can I now get to Napa with a little less traffic?????????






No comments: