Thursday, March 20, 2014

Scammers Exposed

Don't underestimate me.  No, I retract that.  Please do.  I find great joy in blowing minds with "How in the HELL did you know THAT?"

...then it's the uncomfortable squirmy lies and denial trying to slither out of being caught....

I love it when people treat me like I'm stupid.  Little to they know I'll figure them out.  They generally are not as smart as they think they are. 

Latest episode:  I'm going on a work trip later on this year.  I'm in charge of the money so it's my job to reimburse expenses incurred.   The key word here is "incurred."

I got a request for reimbursement yesterday for airfare.  Hmmmmm.. where's the receipt?  All I got was the airline confirmation code and an internal company bank account register showing payment rendered for the ticket.  The fare amount looked legitimate, but my internal red siren went off telling me something was amiss.  A little digging on the airline website and I discovered that the air reservation was made with frequent flyer miles, and the checking account register submitted to me was falsified to make it appear as though money was actually spent. 

Come on, people.  Do you *really* think I'm that dumb?  Trying to get reimbursed for money you did not actually spend?  Deep sigh.  Don't lie to me and don't f*** me over. 

No comments: