Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dance Heals the Soul

I've been in an emotional funk this week.  There are several things going on that I do not have control over.  I will not digress into details, but it's hard knowing something is going on that you don't like and there is absolutely nothing you can do but go one day at a time. 

Soooooo.... with that I went to dance class.  I had not been in some time.  When I walked through the door there was my African dance partner dressed in EXACTLY the same garb as myself.  What?  We did not even call each other.  We even wore our hair the same.  There is no confusing us for sisters as she is black as night and I'm as white as dirty snow.  She must have been picking up my vibes. 

I took my place next to her and we got our groove going.  We feed off of each others energy.  Pretty soon there were people looking in through the door and window.  Damn.  Not bad for a couple of middle age moms to draw a crowd. 


No comments: