Friday, March 21, 2014

Bodega Bay

My birthday is in February.  My friends wanted to do something for me.  With our busy schedules and such we finally put it on the calendar to spend time out at Bodega Bay. 

Can't we plan ANYTHING without one of our kids wrecking it?  I guess not.  Just as we were settling in for a night of laughter, wine and gossip my friend's cell phone rings.  Long story short, her teenage boy did something stupid and next thing you knew all of us were piled in her car scouring known areas where she thought he would be. 

The cops found him first.  We found him second.  Of course the teenage boy was drunk out of his mind.  Smoking hash and doing 'whippets' only added to the daze.  Of course there were other kids in the car.  The whole scene was like a reality tv show.

Yes, they were teens using poor judgement.  I can't sit here and say that I never pulled a similar stunt.  I could not help but think of the recent fatal accident on Hwy 12 and Farmers Lane.  




No comments: