Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Facebook Elimination

Being as I have been struggling to delete my Facebook account in its entirety or not, I decided to partially eliminate my account.  For starters, you will not find any personal information about me in my profile like where I went to school, marital status, etc.  I never posted that crap anyway.  Who cares. 

I'm also tired of screening posts.  To simplify, I just deleted a gaggle of people I really don't want to share any part of my personal life with.  No, I won't send you any annoying "I'm cleaning up my facebook friends Do You want to remain friends" shit.  

One FB elimination actually had the nerve to email me saying how I hurt her feelings by deleting her.  Really?  Never once did I get a personal message from her asking how life was going or whatever.   I have not seen this person in over a quarter century. 

Poof..... she's gone.... 

Hitting the delete button is very freeing and powerful.  If it only worked in person. 

No comments: