Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Santa Rosa Press Democrat

There is something eerie and Orwellian about the local newspaper making endorsements for political candidates, ballot measures, etc., and then holding the power to print either a positive or negative spin on particular subjects via headlines and such.

I want unbiased reporting. No hype, no emotional bleeding headlines. Don't tell me how to vote. Better yet, don't even SUGGEST how I should vote. I want news, not your opinion. Every butt head who has my home telephone number is trying to call me during dinner hour trying to tell me how to vote during an election cycle. I don't want my newspaper, which is supposed to be neutral, trying to play the same cheesy politics game.

Even somebody as inept as myself can see the slant the Press Democrat has in placing articles that "favor" their endorsed candidate/ballot measure of choice.

What a joke.

No comments: