Friday, November 5, 2010

Tweets, Twits, and Useless Apps

Don't 'cha think this whole Twitter, Facebook Fan Page, Instant Messaging, etc., crap has just gone absolutely overboard? Today I received via email from Allstate insurance a free, downloadable app for my iPhone.

WHOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can read my policy, pay my bill, and submit a claim ALL from my iPhone! I'm soooooooooooooooooo excited! Now I'm certain I'm paying too much in insurance premiums if they can afford to put together a useless app nobody can really use. This techno crap has gove too far.

It's so cumbersome to do something like insurance over an iPhone. Pages take forever to download, and the screen on my iPhone is too small to read all of the insurance, legaleeze fine print. Not only that, who really *wants* to deal with insurance through a mobile app?

And no, Allstate, I'm not going to follow you or any other moronic corporation, person, or thing (although I guess in the eyes of the court a corporation does qualify as a person) on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments: