Sunday, May 31, 2020

My Home Town On Fire

Minneapolis used to be this little city in the upper Midwest of of the United States where I was raised.  Nobody cared about us.  Nobody knew where we were located - they could not locate us on a map if their life depended on it.  People would always confuse us with Indianapolis or any other city in the frigid arctic circle (mostly Canadian cities).  Just please.  Do NOT and I repeat Do NOT confuse us with FARGO.  That is another rant for another time. 

As tempting as it is, I'm not going to go on my soap box declaring to the world how righteous my own political viewpoints are to try to grab .......000000000000000000000002 seconds of the public's attention on this lame blog (or FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatever).  


More importantly, going back to 1984 when we thought we all could catch a glimpse of Prince if we hung around certain parts of Minneapolis (note:  we did not give a flying %$#@  what his skin color was and there was no media circus nor social media fanning the riot flames).....this is what it sounds like...when doves cry.  Right now the doves are crying. 




No comments: