Wednesday, March 18, 2020

We Are All Un-Necessary

....well, most of us are unnecessary.  I put myself in the unnecessary camp in case any of you are wondering.  My calendar has been cleared of meetings and travel.  I've never been happier.  Whatever we need to accomplish is going to be via teleconferencing (which I have been vying for).  I never really understood why my industry likes to travel so much.  Sure, it's great if you don't have any commitments at home nor a social life that does not involve people you work with.  Granted, I've stayed at some pretty nice places that I would never have been able to visit otherwise. 

While I'm bashing travel, I'm going to call myself out on my own hypocrisy.  I'm kind of bummed that the trip to Europe that has been planned will more than likely be called off.  My work had this great trip planned to: Switzerland, Prague, Bavaria, and Budapest.  The highlight of the trip was the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the Passion Play in Oberammergau. To top it off, we have first-class airline tickets that makes international travel bearable. It's kind of ironic that illness will be the barrier to seeing the Passion Play.  I've been brushing up on my German and Czech. Thankfully, my mother is a native speaker of Czech and is a great resource. 





No comments: