Sunday, May 31, 2015

BevMo and the Guy from Fargo

I'm at BevMo more often than I should be.  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.   That's my dirty little secret.  Quiet Rage has a weakness for red wine and BevMo's 5 cent sales.  Going to BevMo is kind of a social event.  Apparently, I'm not the only one who loves wine.  Most times I'm there I run into somebody I know making their own liquor run.  I'm not the only one;)

There is no judgement at BevMo purchasing a shopping cart full of wine at 11:00 in the morning unlike Safeway where Nosy Edna gives me "the glare" along with other do-gooders at the checkout stand who look at my shopping cart, sigh, and begin to freely chime in and preach their personal AA sobriety stories with the finger-wagging-judgmental-undertone and how Jesus Saves.

Spare me.

Last time I checked it's still a free country and at age 21+++++ I can damn well do whatever I please.

Which brings me to today.  I'm doing my routine shopping and then decide to go to BevMo to get my wine deals and redeem my coupon.  I'm getting to know the employees on a first name basis.  One of the guys who works the front check stand looks just like that guy from Fargo and also Donny from The Big Lebowski.  I forget the real name of the actor, but he's that funny looking guy.  I try really hard not to notice, but I usually start giggling to myself as soon as I hit the exit.

I can't make this stuff up, people.



No comments: