Sunday, September 25, 2011

High School Party

Things have come full-circle.  Back when humans walked with dinosaurs, I hosted a party for my high school buddies pretty much every weekend.  Now the event has been passed down to my kids.  There are startling differences between then and now.  For starters:
1.  Parents are actually home;
2.  No booze;
3.  No cigarettes;
4.  No pot;
5.  No sex or make-out sessions in the spare bedroom;
6.  Party ends between 11 and midnight;
7.  Cops never show up;
8.  Yard games such as volleyball, tossing frisbees around, catch, etc., have replaced drinking games.

What's WRONG with these kids?!!!  Nothing, I guess.  They are so tame in comparison to the crap I used to pull.  It's either that or they're better at hiding it all.  Well, I did lock the wine cabinet just in case.  Despite the lack of "excitement" over here, kids come here in droves -- and they stay. 

No comments: