Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Give Way to Bicyclists

Just when we thought we've had about all we can handle with the government issuing laws for common sense and general manners, along comes some other hair-brained politician trying to make a name for him/herself.  Let's see......  I know.......  LET'S PASS A LAW AGAINST CARS GETTING TOO CLOSE TO BICYCLISTS!!!! 

Personally, I always give bikes courtesy and plenty of room.  God bless them for getting their exercise and not polluting the environment.  It's something I personally admire and strive for.  We all should take a page out of their book. 

Ok... so..... tell me.... just exactly *how* is this new law granting passing room to bikes going to be enforced?  You think the sheriff, police, and highway patrol are going to be chomping at the bit to help out when you're trying to reduce their salary and benefits?  Do you think that Michael Allen will abandon DMV audits (checkpoints) to volunteer to hand out citations for bike buzzing offenders?  Somehow  I think not. 

I know... I have a BETTER idea.  People on cell phones are a DANGER and PUBLIC nuisance.  Let's pass a LAW against talking on your cell while driving.

We all know how that works out in reality.......DERP!

No comments: