Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Terrorism


I want to know just what the definition of a "terrorist" is. Does it mean anybody who dares to question the government? Does it mean anybody who dares to stand up for rights that are outlined in the United States Constitution the government tries to take away? Does it mean that if the citizens stand up against corruption and the good ol' boy network we're all to be punished?

I personally know of a man who was a boy in Nazi Germany and now lives here in California. I'm amazed, shocked, and saddened of his stories of his boyhood during the rise of Nazi Germany in the 1930's. He says that the way our government operates now is no different than the way Hitler gained power in Germany. I shit you not.

History has an uncanny ability of repeating itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We do not learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it. Having been immersing myself in WWII for research on my book ~ I'm compelled to have to say ... sadly ... you're right.