Thursday, February 14, 2008

NASCAR: Rednecks Turning Left for Hours

My 19-year old so astutely said the other day, "NASCAR should be renamed to Rednecks Turning Left for Hours."

I so whole-heartedly agree. I mean, what's the point? I have much better things to do than "watching rednecks turning left for hours." The cars just go around, and around, and around, and around the track over and over, with the spectators watching with the same anticipation as my cat does when I make a circle of fresh fish around his face to make him nod, or motion yes or no with his head.

Oooohhhh then there's the wreck. Rednecks seem to think this appealing. How can they take pleasure watching somebody get flipped through the air, crash, and burn?

I can't help but notice that the fans are typically white trash. It's the most homogeneous gathering of idiots on the planet.

1 comment:

CG said...

OMG that picture!!!