Wednesday, March 16, 2016

St. Patrick's Day

..i know I'm about an hour and 15 minutes early, but St. Patrick's Day is upon us.  I'm not really entirely certain what this holiday is about, but I think it's an excuse to get drunk.  Wait.  Isn't that what Cinco de Mayo is for?  Fourth of July?  Columbus Day?  Passover?  I've lost track of the drunken, pseudo-holidays we celebrate in the name of our esteemed forefathers/mothers from the homeland.  Whatever. 

I can't claim 100% Irish ancestry, but I know there is a sizable chunk of Gaelic in me.  The DNA testing sample I have submitted is in progress will tell all, so I'll share the results when I get them.  I'm certain that back in the day the Scots had something to say about the Irish and how we all got eventually muddled into the "Scotch-Irish" same name label category when emigrating to America (sigh).  I suppose it's all Gaelic at its core.  Just like we are all African if you dig deeply enough.. LOL.

Here's my FAVORITE Irish party song.  House of Pain - Jump Around!  I find Irish rappers amusing..wish they would come to Oakland;)  Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! 



No comments: