Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday

I think I will start cooking holiday dinners for the homeless.  At least they will be a tad appreciative of the effort I put forth for putting together a five-star meal.  I go all out.  Nothing I make comes from a box or a take out window.  Everything is made from scratch...even the Sonoma County 4H ham, the centerpiece of the Easter Sunday meal,  is home grown.

Yes, I like to cook.  Just because I like to do something please do not take it for granted.  That is what's happening.  I get unannounced and uninvited guests showing up, invited guests who nonchalantly flake without word, and every gamut of merry-go-round quasi-guests in between who have no consideration for the hosts.  No wonder hospitality is under such duress in the modern age.  People treat your home and efforts of putting together something special like it's expected and that they are doing YOU a favor if they show up at all thinking they are gracing you with their presence.

I'm getting impatient with my 20-something nieces and nephews who think they can just stroll into Auntie's house with two or three co-workers/classmates who had no where else to go today to suck down my food and then leave -- without even saying good bye or even thanking me.  They just slip out the door.

Whaaaaaaaat?????  Auntie LOVES cooking!!!  Auntie ALWAYS has a houseful of people on each and every holiday!  She LOVES hosting!!!  WTF is her PROBLEM!!!!!  Why is she PISSED????  Is she going through menopause? 

Here's my problem, you little shits...don't use me like your on demand In-n-Out drive thru window.  Show some respect and at least acknowledge your hostess by at least thanking her upon entering her home, eating her food, and exiting..even if she IS your auntie.  That goes for your free-loading friends, too. 







No comments: