Thursday, February 25, 2016

December 31 fiscal year-end

It's tax season ya'all, ya'all for everybody and everything that has a December 31 fiscal year-end.  Filing taxes is the easy part as any monkey can type numbers into a computer software program.  The hard part is ORGANIZING your data -- your CPA will not do that for you unless you pay a fee and many won't do it at all.  The onus is on you to have your proverbial *$#^ together. 

I'm getting so good at this game that I'm more organized than the CPA I use for the businesses I run.  It's a sad statement when I have to tell THEM things that I'm paying them to do and have knowledge of.  The only reason I even use a CPA anymore is that it's insurance for me if things go whacky with the IRS.  It helps to have somebody else prepare the return with their signature and blessing. 

Happy tax filing, everybody!!!  Just know that the government depends on hard working slugs like us with no corporate loopholes and foreign bank accounts to hide assets in to fund billionaires.




No comments: