Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wolves Circling Prey

...Yup.  I sense it happening.  I'm being circled by a pack of wolves who want to access to the pile of cash I've been trusted with.  It's not my personal money.  It's a trust fund that I administer.  Thankfully, there are two signatures required for any withdrawals with mine being one of them.  It's the "other" signer on the account I need to be leery of and with good reason.  I won't go into the history of this man, but everything he does has a personal agenda attached -- for his personal benefit, of course.  He does NOTHING out of the goodness of his heart or the betterment of the people, unlike what he portrays to the public.  Everything he does somehow has a personal benefit for him or his family.  How dare I make such an accusation?  I've known him for almost 30 years.  Watch out, Sonoma County, he'll be running for office soon.  Let's refer to him as Mr. Ego.  Four letter words come to mind when I want to give him a name, but I'll stick to three letters for now.

Anyway, I've been getting emails this week from a man I have never met personally wanting to set up a  meeting for a project initiated from Mr. Ego.  Great.  When I was first briefed on this project by Mr. Ego it was made to sound like something that would be of the betterment of the industry.  After dealing with Mr. Ego for 30 years, I have figured out his mode of operation by now.  I would be a complete idiot if my intuitive antennae did not go up.

Today was the proof in the pudding.  They want to schedule a 'stakeholder' meeting.  WTF????  I'm not going to be a 'stakeholder' or anything else for that matter.  These bureaucratic busy-body paper pushers with too much time on their hands can quit scheming to get their hands on the fund they are eyeing.  The wolves are circling.

I deleted the email.  Too bad my "junk" email filter is set to the TRUTH ONLY setting.  I will not be bullied.

No comments: