Friday, December 25, 2015

All Gone

The 14 pounds of pork that I cooked in my 100+ year old cast iron skillet disappeared.  I did not even get a slice of bacon.  I'm serious.  It was standing room only for breakfast again this year with a couple newbies. 

It's been non-stop this week.  I'm not a church kind of person but i did attend a service where the lights were dimmed and all had a candle.  When the solo vocalist started with O Holy Night the tears began to fall and I could not stop myself.  There was something so beautiful about the congregation holding the candles..... I can't explain it. 

This year has presented me with lessons of forgiveness and acceptance.  Never has that lesson been more apparent than the last couple of months. 

Peace out and Merry Christmas. 

I'll be back to my bitchy self later next week. 

No comments: